Have you ever stopped for a moment to reflect on the fact that you are so busy “living your life” that you have forgotten how to enjoy your life?
We tend to become so serious about our life and the pressures that we are under to be the perfect woman, the perfect wife, the “perfect Mom”, with the perfect children who excel in everything that they do, the perfect employee, the perfect daughter, etc., etc.
We get so busy being perfect and going from one place to the other doing whatever we Mom’s do, that we look up one day and a week, a month, a year has gone by and we haven’t take the time to enjoy our life.
It’s easier said than done, but we all have to slow down and “lighten up” a little.
To lighten up may entail a few things:
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Thank God for the little things.
- Look for an opportunity to help other people.
- Choose joy.
- Look for the silver lining in every grey cloud.
- Add humor to conflicts and difficulties.
- Don’t base happiness on outward circumstances.
- Don’t try to be perfect.
- Don’t be easily offended.
- Laugh every chance you get.
Take a moment, take a day, take a week and stop and enjoy yourself. It will be time to get back on the merry-go-round soon enough.